Indianapolis, IN US
Richmar Staffing has recently partnered with our contract Manufacturing industry customer, who supports the medical device and capital equipment industry. They have a small office in Fishers, IN that is seeking a Controller to join the team and report directly to the CFO. This person will have SOX compliance, SCC filing experience and ideally come from a Manufacturing or Auto industry background.
The Controller will lead a growing accounting team and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting operations for the Company, including but not limited to managing all aspects of financial accounting, technical accounting, SOX compliance, internal/external audit and external stakeholder financial reporting.
The person in this role will work in office (not remote or hybrid) at our Corporate Headquarters in Indianapolis.
They are a pre-IPO organization planning to go public in the near future – what a great experience for your career! Their culture is very family oriented, results driven and flexible.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day accounting and finance functions, which includes but is not limited to, procure-to-pay, treasury, payroll, equity, fixed assets and financial statement close processes
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statements and filings in accordance with US GAAP
- Facilitate/manage the completion of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close process in compliance with established reporting deadlines
- Analyze the balance sheet and income statement to identify accounting and/or reporting issues that may not be in accordance with US GAAP or SEC rules and regulations
- Review and approve various calculations and journal entries
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance of internal controls over financial reporting
- Review, evaluate and implement the impact of all new accounting and reporting pronouncements issued
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing financial policies and procedures
- Coordinate and supervise the year-end audit, including the internal and external audit functions, and quarterly reviews as applicable
- Oversee and manage the tax function and ensure compliance with applicable tax laws
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports, including but not limited to, setting clear goals and expectations, managing performance with regular/consistent feedback and coaching, and motivating and supporting team members in order for them to succeed, develop and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- 7+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance in the Manufacturing, and/or Engineering Consulting industry.
- Must have experience from small/startup business within Manufacturing/Engineering industry
- Strong understanding of US GAAP with expertise in revenue recognition, cost accounting, development accruals and equity compensation.
- Experience with the requirements of SEC reporting on Form 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy Statement and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404
- Ability to direct, motivate and grow a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously ensuring business and reporting deadlines and demands are met in a timely manner
- Proven ability to drive process improvements through automation and streamlining throughout the department to maximize efficiency
- Experience working with multiple systems. ( QAD experience pref’d, Salesforce, Arena, etc)
- Pro-Active individual with the ability to build relationships and mentor teams.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.