Operations Instructional Designer
The Operations Instructional Designer, reporting to the Learning & Development Program Manager, will
design and develop engaging and interactive online learning for Operations. This specialized role will
create, modify, and assess e-learning modules utilizing instructional design theories, practices and
methods, as well as video and graphic design tools, to increase learning. This role will also help in
departmental goals to increase employee retention, engagement, and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop training content built on sound instructional design principles that engages
- employees, address their individual needs, learning styles, and maximize knowledge retention.
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, videos, and other course
- materials, by applying best practices in adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Create a digital library of soft skills through bite-sized e-modules or videos with open access to
- employees and contingent workers to boost confidence and performance – leading to both,
- qualitative and quantitative ROI.
- Create video tutorials of most commonly used software in the workplace to increase employee
- efficiency and reduce stress.
- Collaborate with SMEs and other department staff to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Create and maintain a department Intranet community site to serve as a learning portal,
- independent of the LMS, where employees and new hires can access non-regulated training
- content and resources.
- Promote Intranet site and collaborate tools usage for employee engagement, communication
- and learning initiatives.
- Create videos and graphics to aid in employee engagement strategies.
Bachelors in Educational Technology or related field
3+ years of Instructional Design experience
Proficiency with web design, video and graphic design
Familiarly with effective learning and development methods, adult learning theories and varied
Passionate about creating successful e-learning for diverse end-users
Driven and tech-savvy
Positive, self-motivated, innovative, adaptable, agreeable personality
Collaborative and team-oriented
Stay up to date with best practices in the field
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.