Production Material Handler
POSITION SUMMARY: Material Handler position is responsible for identifying, verifying and staging materials for Manufacturing production.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand standard work to identify material requirements and movements to support manufacturing associates.
- Respond to any urgent or immediate needs to fulfill last minute requests.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with Supervisor to implement countermeasures.
- Responsible for the movement of empty and full totes and pallets.
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring all presses do not run empty of material.
- Understand procedure for changing out material and replenishing prior to press running dry.
- Responsible for stocking all materials needed for manufacturing associates to perform their job i.e. empty totes, bags, empty pallet, etc.
- Provides and delivers materials to the line upon request.
- Responsible of moving semi-finished product to Logistic warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking materials used in Kanban system.
- Perform other duties as required including discarding of scrap, general housekeeping, runner clean-up, etc.
- Anticipate, communicate and resolve internal and external issues that could affect the material availability.
- Continuously achieve good customer service while following guidelines to support best business practices.
- Train new associates on proper material movement as necessary.
0-2 year of related experience
High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP)
Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, managers and leads. Able to understand
instructions written and spoken in English.
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Basic Computer Skills
Ability to solve basic math problems
Physical requirements/abilities: Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: Working knowledge of SAP and experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.