To manage the activities of the company accounting function. Must have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and theories, cost accounting and collection principles. Works on wide range of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data and / or situations require evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Works without appreciable direction on assigned projects/programs. Work is subject to review upon completion to ensure compliance with objectives and policies. Provides general supervision over a section with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and personnel. Prepares performance reviews and has authority to hire and fire employees. Failure to achieve results could have a critical effect on achievement of business objectives. Acts as liaison on specific projects between departments, functional areas and/or customers. Interactions involve matters of importance where maintaining effective working relationship is a prime concern to the department objectives.
- Managers accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting functions.
- Develops, implements and maintains accounting systems, procedures and policies.
- Oversees the creation and updating of system generated reports.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Coordinates staff in reconciliation’s and provides management with special analysis for function or overall company operations.
- Oversees the financial reporting functions including consolidations, financial statement and property accounting.
- Performs the functions of hiring, training, developing employee skills, reviewing employee performance, administering discipline and terminations
Education and / or experience :
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is normally required in addition to a minimum of seven years accounting and supervisory experience.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.