A biomedical manufacturing company in Sunnyvale is seeking a candidate to join the company's Biotechnology group and is primarily a bench level job focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The candidate will plan and execute laboratory research, demonstrate appropriate technical proficiency, scientific creativity and collaboration with cross-functional departments. In addition to technical qualifications, the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented and organized and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities. The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment and with outside collaborators is a requirement.
- Optimize real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the product platform based on design input requirements.
- Perform analytical studies required for design verification of complex assays prior to validation phase.
- Handle clinical samples and perform microbiology work of BSL-1 and BSL-2 organisms.
- Help develop strategies for development of complex in vitro diagnostic tests.
- Help develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Design and execute test plans that demonstrate the ability to meet design input requirements that are well documented in reports.
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Allocate time and resources efficiently, effectively prioritize, and continually seek ways to meet individual, team and corporate goals.
Bachelor’s degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience OR
Master’s degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience OR
Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
2 years industry experience, preferably in Medical devices of IVD diagnostics
Experience working with microorganisms involved in infectious diseases.
Experienced in interpreting and analyzing large scale experimental data as well as results from clinical trials.
Real time PCR or RT-PCR and product development experience.
Ability to ask questions and check for clarity and understanding to solve complex problems.
Ability to work with minimal direction.
Experience in handling clinical specimens and be able to work in a BSL-2 environment.
Ability to work in a clean room environment.
Excellent documentation and communications skills.
Knowledge of principles of quality control and quality assurance.
Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
Proficiency with statistical analysis tools such as Minitab or JMP
Experience with design of experiments (DOE) methods desirable.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.