A molecular diagnostics company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking several Associate Scientist to join their team!
This position is in the Biotechnology R&D group and is primarily a bench-level R&D position focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The candidate will have solid experience in molecular genetic methods (Non-protein small molecule biology) while demonstrating excellent laboratory techniques, scientific creativity, and ability to adapt in a fast moving, cross-functional, and collaborative environment. In addition to technical qualifications, the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented, organized and be able to respond to shifting demands and priorities. The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and develop molecular diagnostic tests for Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) or other infectious agents on various platforms.
- Preparing buffer reagents to support and optimize RT-PCR conditions.
- Optimize sample preparation, real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the platform based on design of experiments and design input requirements.
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
- Design, plan, and execute various experiments to optimize performance for the molecular diagnostic assay.
- Handle clinical & biological samples and help perform microbiology work of various micro-organisms and tissue cultures.
- Help develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records and present data at weekly Technical Meeting.
- Demonstrate leadership & maturity to collaborate and mentor junior associates within the R&D team.
- Provide timely input to the project scope and schedule as required.
Graduates from accredited universities with B.S. or M.S. degree in Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related discipline and a minimum 3+ years of wet lab experience in molecular diagnostic/pharmaceutical companies, public health laboratories or biomedical research institutions or universities.
Possess excellent basic (precision pipetting) and sterile laboratory techniques.
Experience working with micro-organisms (bacteria and viruses) involved in infectious diseases.
Knowledge and experiences in stoichiometry and molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, RT-PCR, BLAST, and DNA sequencing.
Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
Experienced in BSL-2(+) viral, tissue cultures and primer designs will be a plus.
Experienced in RT-PCR product development and familiar with design of experiment (DOE) methods are highly desirable.
Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Proficient with standard Microsoft Office and statistical programs.
Ability to work in various laboratory environments, including Clean Room & BSL-1/2(+) Labs.
Ability to handle blood or other human bodily fluids.
Ability to demonstrate physical agility and capacity (ie. lifting and moving 10~20 Ib objects) as needed.
Ability to work non-regular Day Time (9a-6p) day-time hours and some weekend as necessary.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.