Associate Test Engineer
A manufacturing company in Milpitas, CA is looking for an Associate Test Engineer to work on large semiconductor capital equipment that will be shipped out for commercial use within the semiconductor industry. The Test Engineer must have proven hands on experience, ability to follow work instructions, attention to detail and pro-active communication skills to interact with co-workers and engineering.
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, mechanical assemblies and systems.
- Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and / or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
BS or AS in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics preferred, or equivalent experience.
Three to five years of experience in setup, system test, and troubleshooting of complex automated measurement systems used in manufacture semiconductor devices/integrated circuits.
Ability to troubleshoot circuits, components, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical assemblies.
Interpret and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
Ability to perform final system test and prepare systems for shipment using BKM (best known method).
Aptitude to develop procedures, if necessary, and to teach other technicians.
Must to have Microsoft Office and Visio skills.
Understanding of interferometry, optical alignment, automation robotic, passive and active vibration isolation, linear stage, wafer manufacturing, and metrology are plus.
Must be able to use standard/metric hand tools
Experience using a digital volt meter for troubleshooting
For more than thirty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.