Automation Controls Engineer
A molecular diagnostics company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking multiple Automation Controls Engineers to join their team!
The Equipment Automation Controls Engineer works in conjunction with the entire Automation Engineering team to design, develop and commission automated assembly equipment for high-volume production of diagnostic consumables. Introducing newly built manufacturing equipment into the factory, by supporting sustaining engineers and doing knowledge transfers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for configuring, programming, testing and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment (PLC based control systems and associated components: i.e. UI, Motion controllers, Robots, Heater Controllers, barcode readers vision systems, etc.),
- Create documentation including, but not limited to design input requirements, specifications, testing protocols, installation, and service procedures
- Author acceptance test and validation protocols and reports
- Modify existing equipment to improve product quality, increase part throughput, decrease cost, and strengthen safety measures
- Perform change orders and release processes using the Agile PLM system
- Maintain strict compliance with Quality procedures
- Introduce new manufacturing equipment in the factories and assist Manufacturing Engineering group with troubleshooting floor equipment when required
Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Proficient in Allen-Bradley PLC Control Logix Platform and development tools
Proficient with motion controllers and Vision Inspection Systems
Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting in a high-volume, automated manufacturing environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Physical requirements/abilities: Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours.
Other: 10% travel
Experience developing Medical equipment in an FDA regulated environment
Experience writing/executing IQ, OQ, and PQ Protocols
Experience with designing and maintaining vision system used in production (i.e. Cognex/Keyence) or Epson robots
Experience with designing and creating the electrical schematics (within UL/IEC compliance) required to build a high complexity automation system
Experience with creating equipment electrical schematics under AutoCAD Electrical
Experience with integrating Pilz safety PLCs into manufacturing equipment designs.
Experience with a variety of sensor technologies (thermal, optical, position, pressure, flow, etc.)
Experience using Agile PLM system
Experience conducting design reviews required to obtain the necessary DIR’s (Design Input Requirement) to build high complex automation equipment for all phases of the design process
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.