A biotech company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Benefits Coordinator to administer the company’s leave program and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state laws including leave request intake, leave eligibility determination, sending required notices, forms and letters, and independently approving or denying leave cases based on relevant medical information.
- Research and resolve discrepancies between associates and leave request
- Monitors, tracks and maintains leave of absence documentation, files and data including but not limited to following up on required paperwork such as medical certification, request for extended leave, and other required information
- Compiles employee data and submits information regarding any state leave
- Coordinates with associate, manager, HR and payroll departments to monitor associates on leave or on accommodation.
- Manage immigration processing, working closely with immigration attorneys, sponsored employees, and managers to ensure applications are processed in a timely fashion.
- Foster and maintain collaborative internal relationships with key HR and business stakeholders.
- Manage various initiatives to drive operational excellence.
- Prioritize projects and activities to appropriately allocate work for team members.
College Degree plus at least 4 years of experience with Leave of Absence administration experience
Intermediate/strong generalist skills in human resources, including technical and administrative knowledge of all HR functions and tools
Knowledge of federal (and state, when applicable) leave of absence and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) laws and regulations
Ability to process varied, and sometimes ambiguous, information from multiple sources to reach an appropriate decision, determining the appropriate time/situation to seek additional guidance required
Highly organized and can work independently as well as with a team.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with many different levels of employees.
Ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid work environment.
Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.