A technology manufacturing company in Milpitas, Ca is looking for a Buyer to be responsible to ensure that suppliers meet the targets for quality, delivery, and total cost of acquisition of the products and services the company requires. The position requires the ability to address multiple objectives in a fast-paced technology-driven environment to support both production and development activities. Gathers quotations, analyzes bids, and makes awards. Determines materials requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned level. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manages supply chain to secure and sustain supply pipeline stability to meet company quality, cost, lead time, and delivery goals.
- Negotiates pricing for purchases, and cost reduction to improve gross margin.
- Performs supply and demand analysis for MRP planned orders and reschedule messages.
- Places new orders and reschedules existing orders per MRP weekly to ensure we meet schedule requirements for Production, Engineering, and Service.
- Places orders to support quick turn requirements such as new product development (NPI) activities.
- Reviews open order report with suppliers to confirm deliveries. Expedites orders when necessary.
- Manages return material authorizations timely. Conducts purchase price variance (PPV) analysis monthly.
- Coordinates with suppliers to implement ECO and materials disposition.
- Other duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8 or more years of related experience.
Working knowledge of ERP software, Oracle EBS, ASCP,
I Procurement knowledge preferred.
Understanding of MS/Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Ability to read and understand ERP reports, purchase requisitions, RFQs, and supplier contracts.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.