A biotech manufacturing company is looking for a Connectivity Specialist for the Global Product Support Team which is a function of the Worldwide Technical Support organization. The primary mission of the Global Product Support team is enablement and support of regional call centers and Technical Support staff. They serve as a point of escalation for internal support teams to resolve highly complex problems and discrepancies, collaborating with other departments as necessary to expedite resolution.
As an interface between in-house and field support teams and internal company groups, the Connectivity Specialist will provide day–to-day escalation support to regional technical support centers.
- As part of the Global Product team, provide phone and e-mail support on company connectivity solutions.
- Troubleshoot network/LIS connection issues
- Work with customer to configure and connect to network
- Work with customer to interface the company’s system customer LIS
- Assist customer with dry-testing to verify valid transmission between instrument-middleware-LIS
- Setup remote connection using remote connectivity tools like Web-Ex
- Assist customer to map LIS test codes
- Work with customer on LIS result rules and translations
- Assist company field teams and customers on software and computer updates
- Provide post-installation support for SW update and computer replacement to ensure that the LIS interface is properly restored
- Author KB articles.
Bachelor’s in Science, Engineering or related degree with 1-2 years of industry experience is required
IT helpdesk experience preferred.
IVD/ Medical device experience is preferred
Working knowledge of ASTM and HL7 protocol standards is preferred
Strong technical/configuration knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, Microsoft Windows network and Performance management is required.
Have a professional presence and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers and cross functional teams.
Experience with Complaint handling systems and FDA regulations
Attention to detail, and a customer-centric orientation is required
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.