Consumables Engineering Technician
Under supervision or direction work with Consumables Engineering Teams to execute and document test plans and qualification protocols; perform routine Engineering testing on consumables to evaluate new materials/components and processes. Measure, assemble, and test consumables components.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High level of organization, excellent communication skills, and rigorous process discipline and documentation to ensure accuracy of all in-process qualification and engineering testing data.
- Hands-on lab to assemble and test consumables (plastic injection molding) prototype according to test protocols and test methods
- Measure Critical-to-function dimensions and inspect development parts and assemblies using calipers, micrometers, scope, dial indicators, and Coordinate-Measuring systems
- Assist in analysis and troubleshooting of prototype failures
- Maintains Standard Operation Procedures for all activities
- Communicate effectively across organizational functions and frequently interact with the Consumables and Manufacturing Engineering Team
- Assist Consumables Engineers with a broad range of parts development activities.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor/manager
Associate Degree or Certification in Engineering/Biotechnology or similar to perform at this level
Excellence organizational skills and good record-keeping
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Effectively work in a team environment
Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and proactive
Hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to multi-task and maintain accurate documentation across multiple projects
Physical requirements/abilities: Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions; Frequent Travel between buildings; Typical hands-on lab work
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: BS degree in Engineering, Biotechnology or similar, a plus
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.