Corporate Finance Manager
A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Corporate Finance Manager. This position is a key member of the Global Finance team and responsible for two key responsibility areas: system/process improvement and financial close. Systems related role, this role partners with IT BI, SAP and BPC team and Global Finance team to identify reporting needs and automate toward efficiency.
Financial and close role, this role is responsible for timely and accurate budget submissions, financial forecasts, month-end close, management (internal) and corporate reporting. A strong team player, the owner of this role brings business acumen, analytical power and a result and process improvement-oriented mentality. Strong sense of integrity, good communication skills, great attention to detail and a proven ability to work with senior leadership across a worldwide organization are a must. This role will be instrumental in improving the management and corporate reporting processes, systems and analytics for their business partners, senior management at the company.
- Work with Global Finance Managers and BPC administrator to automate reports, bring revenue and cost details, full P&L and BS forecasting to BPC
- Engage with the broader FP&A and Accounting community by initiating and supporting continuous process improvements including business systems and process improvement projects.
- Maintain key financial reporting applications and lead process improvement implementations.
- Defines and implements standard work processes to gain efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Coordinate any financial systems UAT as required
- Is responsible for Standard Margin analysis and reporting, including reconciliations between SAP GL and BI/BW.
- Compiles mid-month forecasting flash
- Compiles and maintenance of the close/forecast and budget calendars.
- Preparation, analysis and distribution Responsibility Pl reports timely and accurately including partner with IT BI team for continuous improvement of the reports architecture.
- Update monthly template and make it available for consolidating updates from Global Finance team
- Create a bottoms up Working Capital forecast along with creating bowler maintain and publish
Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or related area required. MBA a plus.
At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
Strong hands-on ERP, Data Warehouse and Consolidations & Reporting tool experience and business analysis (SAP, BPC, BW, Hyperion HFM experience preferred).
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including fluency with Excel Pivot Tables, macros and function formulas.
Strong team player with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
Proven experience working with confidential or sensitive information
Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge
Continuous improvement oriented – participates in Kaizens, has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them to Finance value streams
Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
Strong planning, organization and project management skills.
Strong communication and presentation skills
Goal/results oriented team player with demonstrated success working effectively across all levels within the organization
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.