Sunnyvale, CA 94089
A biomedical manufacturing company located in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist their Automation Engineering Group with revisions and documentation. The Automation Engineer, Mechanical, is responsible for the design, development, documentation and production launch of complex, high speed assembly equipment. This equipment will be used in the assembly of high volume disposable diagnostics. The successful candidate will be responsible for system specification, machine tooling and fixture design. Hands on and supervisory experience of automated equipment assembly, electro-mechanical equipment and mechanical design of prototype fixtures is required. Position also requires interacting with contract manufacturers for outsourced projects.
- Responsible for the design and development of automation projects including, initial concept, design requirements, system architecture, test plan, prototype fabrication /testing and final production release.
- Create detailed documentation including but not limited to design input requirements, specifications, design of experiments, acceptance test and validation protocols, detailed drawings and bills of materials.
- Selection and specification of machine components such as motors, pneumatics, conveyors and part feeding components.
- Modify existing equipment to improve product quality, increase part throughput, decrease cost, and/ or strengthen safety measures.
- Author test protocols, reports & manufacturing documents related to new processes
- Creation of documentation ECO's, DCO's
- Manage outside suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Evaluate and recommend engineering changes to equipment or processes that will ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain strict compliance with ISO13485, cGMP, QSR and other applicable Quality Management System standards
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
A minimum of 3-5 years of mechanical design experience including but not limited to high speed assembly tools, precision mechanism, tooling and fixture design, Robotics and automation
Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting of automated manufacturing environment
Conceptual understanding of plastic injection molding process
Experience in ISO13485 and Quality regulations environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proven project management skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a strong technical presence
Proficient in SolidWorks 2015 or later, PDM or EPDM preferred
Familiar with ANSI Y14.5-2009 and proficient in the use of GD&T as it applies to machined parts
SolidWorks Proficiency - CAD Tool
Excellent communication skills
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.