A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for an experienced Electrical Assembler to join the Automation Engineering Group. The Electrical Assembler will work alongside the automation technicians to build, power up and test custom automation equipment that are used for the production of diagnostic disposables.
- Responsible for the electrical assembly of complex automation electrical equipment, using materials to fabricate cable assemblies and wiring of control cabinets, using purchased parts.
- Work with the automation and controls engineers to ensure proper machine functionality
- Perform various non-repetitive electrical assembly functions using hand or power tools
- Build electrical cabinets and sub-assemblies according to design requirements and specifications
- Comply with the company safety procedures
- Quality - Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated environment
- Participate in continuous improvement discussions and provide ideas and feedback
High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. Associate Degree preferred.
Minimum of 2-3 years of direct related experience
Good electrical and organizational skills
Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and detailed drawings
Previous experience with electrical assembly in automation industry
Competence with a wide variety of tools and measuring instruments
General computer literacy
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines
Basic knowledge of electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.