Embedded Software Engineer
A medical device manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join their global software group.
- Be a key contributor on the software engineering team that leads development efforts for embedded software for commercial products and in-house research.
- Prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- Develop embedded software driver modules for hardware components.
- Work on projects that will involve robotics/hardware interfacing and control, factory automation, mathematical data analysis and data acquisition and storage.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support and other engineers to resolve software issues.
- Work with multi-discipline teams on new production introduction project while adhering to software development and source control processes.
- Develop, design, and implement embedded software for robots and other automation equipment.
- Document software; write technical specifications for interfaces and testing.
BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a specialization in real-time embedded systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
Minimum 3+ years of progressively responsible work experience in engineering.
Experienced C, C++ programmer with experience in real-time / embedded system design, debug, and testing in an Embedded Linux / RTOS environment.
Working knowledge of robotics (mechanical controls for fluidics), interfacing stepper/servo motor control, and system engineering along with architectural design experience.
Solid understanding of communications such as CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, serial.
Solid understanding of concurrency, threading and data structures.
Ability to work with existing systems and process to optimize and innovating.
Medical device or regulated industry experience is a plus
Experience working with web, cloud, and/or mobile application is a plus
Familiarity with high level languages such as Java and/or C# is a plus
Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines helpful (mechanical, electrical, physics)
Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.