Embedded Software Engineer
A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with hands-on C/C++ programming skills and good systems/robotics engineering experience. This person will be part of team that is developing our next-generation system platform.
- Be a key contributor on the software engineering team that leads development efforts for embedded software for commercial products and in-house research.
- Prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- Develop embedded software driver modules for hardware components.
- Work on projects that will involve robotics/hardware interfacing and control, factory automation, mathematical data analysis and data acquisition and storage.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support and other engineers to resolve software issues.
- Work with multi-discipline teams on new production introduction project while adhering to software development and source control processes.
- Develop, design, and implement embedded software for robots and other automation equipment.
- Document software; write technical specifications for interfaces and testing
BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a specialization in real-time embedded systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
Minimum 5+ years with BS or 3+ years with MS, of progressively responsible work experience in engineering
Experienced C, C++ programmer with experience in real-time / embedded system design, debug, and testing in an Embedded Linux / RTOS environment.
Working knowledge of robotics (mechanical controls for fluidics), interfacing stepper/servo motor control, and system engineering along with architectural design experience.
Solid understanding of communications such as CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, serial.
Solid understanding of concurrency, threading and data structures.
Ability to work with existing systems and process to optimize and innovating.
Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and acts as resource to less experienced colleagues.
- Medical device or regulated industry experience is a plus
- Experience working with web, cloud, and/or mobile application is a plus
- Familiarity with high level languages such as Java and/or C# is a plus
- Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines helpful (mechanical, electrical, physics)
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.