A biomedical manufacturing company is looking to add an Executive Assistant to help support several of the Vice Presidents. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting executives will all means of support, and ideally in a life sciences company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support up to four to five executives in the global commercial operations organization, plus their staff
- Manage demanding and complex international calendars to include scheduling and prioritizing agendas with a strong focus on anticipating potential issues and coming up with an alternative.
- Prepare, organize, set up and conduct global staff meeting web conferences (Zoom) and maintain the team SharePoint site.
- Coordinate departmental meetings on-site and off-site, develop and distribute instructions, coordinate room setup logistics, interface with those attending the meeting and facilitate arrangements.
- Make international travel arrangements, utilizing judgment to effectively manage cost and assure management needs are considered.
- Process expense reports.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
- Maintain highly sensitive information that may involve financial data, personnel discussions, and/or business strategy of a highly confidential manner.
- Serve as a lead and manager of small projects.
- Act as a team player by providing backup support to other Assistants on site; doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education or Experience (in years):
A high school diploma, or the equivalent, needed.
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, life science industry exposure is preferred
Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion..
Knowledge and skills:
Proven ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook calendar and e-mail.
Excellent communication, typing and written skills including composing correspondence with a high sense of urgency and responsiveness.
Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with a calm demeanor.
Must have a proactive approach, initiative and the ability to anticipate problems, propose appropriate solutions and follow through.
Demonstrate highly effective interpersonal skills to handle a range of interactions. Assimilate, interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization while demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy.
Effective organizational, project management, time management and event planning skills.
Knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, and the ability to apply them confidently
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.