San Jose, CA
A German-based semiconductor equipment technology company located in San Jose, CA is seeking a Facilities/EHS Engineer. Facilities/EHS Engineer position will be responsible of implementing, first and foremost the safety policies, protocol and facilities operational procedures. A basic understanding of liquid chemistries and gas chemicals common to the semiconductor industries and specifically as applicable to the company’s technology. Work with managers, engineers and tool owners from across all departments on facilities support functions such as equipment installation, facilitization and project coordination. Ability to perform standard trouble-shooting and repair method, testing, measuring and conducting failure analysis for facilities equipment. Understanding of common regulatory permitting and implementation processes for EH&S and EMS. Reporting and communication capability to convey all aspect of facilities operational conditions
- Maintenance of the building occupancies and the main facilities equipment.
- Keeping records of the equipment maintenance and repair service and the cost, such as regular schedule and unscheduled time. Make recommendations for economic benefit and operational efficiency measures.
- Participate in Lab project planning to support facilities and EHS compliance requirements.
- Prepare and submit scope of work proposal to define project budgetary requirement.
- Interact with vendors and contractors for facilities related project implementation to make sure time table is being executed appropriately.
- Familiarization of basic in-house operation’s regulatory permits requirements and applications.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training and/or orientation for new employees, visitors, vendors and contractors.
- Perform other facilities and EHS task that may deem necessary to protect, support and maintain company’s operational well-being.
BS in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or equivalent of on the job experience with a strong emphasis in semiconductor plant operation or similar industry is preferred.
Basic knowledge of facilities supports activities and equipment, safety network and device, preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and implementations.
At least 2 year of hands-on working experience in a semiconductor, semiconductor equipment or similar manufacturing facilities is a plus.
Be able to demonstrate a simple project planning and executions with emphasis on time and cost effectiveness.
Capable of performing and accomplishing tasks utilizing the company’s SOP with minimum supervision.
Physically able to climb up to 20 feet ladder and capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Good communication skills and team player is a must.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.