Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
San Jose, CA
A small technology company in San Jose, CA is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Coordinator to oversee the maintenance of the facility and perform day to day facilities maintenance tasks, including simple electrical and plumbing repairs, setup rooms for meetings, and coordinate Health and Safety compliance programs. This is a hands-on position which will be responsible for each of the areas mentioned below under the guidance of the Vice President of Operations.
- Day to day requests (room set up, recycling, general maintenance)
- Manages a preventive maintenance program. This includes all heating, air conditioning and maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment, recycling programs
- Obtain estimates for needed work and upgrades for review.
- Building safety, including: OSHA, Hazardous Material, Universal Waste compliance, and internal inspections
- Liaison with building contractors and service personnel, including janitorial services
- Building security
- Suggest and implement solutions to problems
- Manage requests for office repairs and moves
- Assist with building renovation projects and special manufacturing projects by coordinating equipment purchasing and modifications
- Coordinate meetings with contractors and VP operations, obtain and review bids to effectively complete repair work and assure smooth manufacturing operations.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least five years of experience or training in practical building maintenance in each of the areas mentioned above.
Strong work ethic and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Organized, proactive, and multi-tasker.
Excellent communication skills (Written: emails and reports. Verbal in person and phone).
Familiarity with building maintenance and repairs along with the ability to interact with contractors when needed.
Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Must be able to lift, move, and carry 25 to 40 pounds
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.