Full Stack Java Developer
A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking a Full Stack Software Developer Engineer with Java experience. This is a 12 month contract with high probability of going contract to hire.
- Design, implement and maintain medical diagnostic application software in predominantly Java.
- Be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products and in-house research. This project is to re-engineer existing software using Java on their GeneXprt and Unfinity Platforms.
- Work on projects will involve mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and storage, Ethernet and USB communications, and instrument control.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists and other engineers.
- Work well in a team environment, and also work well with customers on multiple levels (leadership and non-leadership).
- Adhere to software development and source control processes.
Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
Minimum of 5 years of Java coding experience – must be proficient
Full Stack Engineering capabilities and experience
Ability to work across all layers of the application, from back-end databases through to the UI
Working knowledge of database relational design, schema design and data normalization
Exceptional design and programming skills; solid understanding of concurrency, threading, and data structures
Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (e.g., JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs; ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results
Ability to handle multiple, time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously and effectively
Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
Ability to communicate complex technical issues and design to peers and cross-functional teams including scientists, technical support and other engineers.
Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements
Highly motivated with solid leadership skills to lead and mentor other engineers
- Experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments, and medical diagnostics instrument related software design
- Experience developing GUIs with Java or Web technologies
- Experience with backend/middleware development
- Experience with database design and using various database technologies.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.