Human Resources Business Partner
Santa Clara, CA
A human resources business partner to provide a wide range of generalist support to company personnel, including managing, improving and implementing policies and procedures, and managing change within a unique and dynamic company culture. Reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Partner with HR team, business managers, and employees to design, continually improve, and deliver core HR process including but not limited to:
- Employee Relations: Coach and provide guidance to employees and managers in people and performance management principles and practices. Assist and advise employees and managers on grievances and issues.
- Compliance. Ensure that HR and company policies are followed and adhered to, in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Organizational Development. Be an active proponent of and supporter of corporate change initiatives. Facilitate and support change management protocols as necessary.
- Benefits and Workers Compensation: Provide assistance to employees regarding their benefits and answering questions. Respond to workers compensation issues, and refer employees appropriately.
- Resource support and advocacy. Serve as a resource for employees and managers regarding all aspects of the employment life cycle, including but not limited to: job performance, benefits, compensation, training and development, leaves of absence, workplace illness and/or injury, complaints and grievances, and succession planning. Elevate issues to senior management in an appropriate, sensitive, and efficient manner.
- Operational Support: Assist in company’s operational efforts and initiatives. Provide support with local and corporate audits as necessary. Assist the HR Director and Executive Director with other duties and projects as requested
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, with at least 6 years of relevant and recent experience in all of the competencies described above.
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR/GPHR) is preferred.
- A diverse HR background, covering the areas and disciplines described above.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization, ranging from C-level/executive managers, to entry level employees
- Experience with various employee relations issues for both exempt and non-exempt personnel. Preferred experience includes investigations, conflict resolution, and mediations.
- Working knowledge and experience with current employment and labor laws, at the federal, CA state, and local/municipality levels.
- Able to understand and communicate the company’s benefit programs.
- High energy, “roll up your sleeves” style.
- Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to juggle frequently changing priorities with confidence and grace.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills – i.e. with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.