IT Desktop Support Specialist
San Jose, CA
A data management company located in San Jose, CA is looking to expand its IT support staff to join its fast-paced and result oriented team. You will be part of a close-knit team and responsible for supporting IT needs for all internal and external employees. The main responsibilities consist heavily of technical troubleshooting and resolution of end-user computer hardware and software issues. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with his/her user base and colleagues, work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, handle multiple support issues at a time, and follow through on all tickets and projects while maintaining a positive attitude, professionalism and a high level of customer service.
- New Hire setups, includes creating/managing necessary local/online accounts for varies applications, deploying work computers and office environment. Perform new hire orientation.
- Complete onboarding tasks according to IT Standard Processes
- Support other IT team members to ensure seamless operations with IT services.
- Prepare, update and maintain a list of equipment to ensure accurate inventory records
- Document and create a standard process as needed.
- Acting as a point of contact for IT Desktop related issues. Incident triage and escalate to the supervisor or proper team.
- Provide IT support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break/fix on PC and Mac platforms, video conference equipment, printers/copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware/software.
- Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incident and change tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Manage individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via the IT ticketing system.
- Create and maintain SOP documentation and escalate issues appropriately to higher level staff.
- Investigating and resolving issues as they arise while thinking of ways to reduce common problems in a systematic way.
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed.
5+ Year experience in working as a Desktop Support Engineer or similar role.
3+ Years experience in supporting up-to-date Windows 7/10, MacOS Sierra, solid troubleshooting skills with OS and related enterprise software.
3+ Years’ experience in admin role for at least one directory services (Google G-Suite, Microsoft Active Directory, Okta).
Has the mindset to own what you support, and able to deliver quality end result.
Proficient with at least one web conferencing tool (Cisco WebEx, Zoom).
Develop and maintain a productive and professional relationship with the user base. Strong service oriented mentality a must.
Excellent analysis and problem-solving capability and the ability to develop a creative solution.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members required.
Not required, but a PLUS
Experience support Multimedia Audio/Video conferencing setup/management
Experience as a network administrator
Experience as VMware administrator
Bash, Powershell scripting experience
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.