Leave of Absence Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA
Assist with the administration of the leave program and policies, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws including leave request intake; leave eligibility determination; and sending required notices, forms, and letters. Supports and works closely with the Sr. Benefits Analyst.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and resolve discrepancies between associates and leave request, as needed
- Monitor, track, and maintain leave of absence documentation, files, and data - including but not limited to following up on required paperwork such as medical certification, request for extended leave, federal/state forms, internal documentation, and other required information
- Compile employee data and submit information regarding any state leave
- Support compliance and alignment with federal, state, and local laws, as well as with internal policies
- Coordinates and communicates with associate, manager, HR, and payroll department as needed to monitor associates on leave or on accommodation
- Foster and maintain collaborative internal relationships with key HR and business stakeholders and cross-functional partners, both internal and external
- Track and report on LOA program to management and provide regular LOA reporting to Payroll
- Support campaigns and programs in alignment with benefits portfolio, i.e. Open Enrollment, on-site flu vaccination program, well-being, employee outreach, manager education, etc.
- Additional HR tasks as needed
Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience OR 4+ years of related work experience.
Strong generalist skills in human resources, including technical and administrative knowledge of HR functions and tools, especially benefits and/or LOA
2+ years’ direct experience with Leave of Absence administration
Knowledge of federal, state, and local leave of absence plus Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and HIPAA laws and regulations
Ability to process varied, and sometimes ambiguous, information from multiple sources to reach an appropriate determination, assessing the appropriate time/situation to seek additional guidance required
Highly organized and can work independently, as well as with a team
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with many different levels of employees both verbally and in writing
Ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid work environment, demonstrates good judgement
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.