A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Logistics Analyst to be responsible for assisting with the weekly reporting of Logistics spend and other metrics used by the management of the Logistics department.
Ensures security and accountability of inventory through transaction documentation, process and procedure verification, and system review.
- Audits incoming and outgoing shipments to assure quality and accuracy.
- Compiles and documents all transactions for data entry.
- Responsible for ensuring that the warehouse is operating under strict GMP guidelines.
- Performs transactions in ERP system
- Evaluate current warehousing strategy and identify opportunities for cost reduction. Benchmark existing 3PL against other 3PL’s offering similar services.
- Provides support to higher-level Logisticians and Program Analysts.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing weekly Logistics report to multiple internal customers using data obtained from multiple sources, both internal and external.
- Assists in developing enhanced metrics and freight analysis in support of efforts to reduce costs
- Receive weekly reports from freight forwarders and consolidate key data points into one single-source database.
- Maintain KPI’s and metrics to improve the department’s performance
- Compute reporting metrics such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfillment rates or inventory turns.
- Monitor industry standards, trends or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Preparing reports and briefings as required.
- Participate in meetings and assist with preparing agendas, minutes, and action items. Assist and track with resolving or closing action items from various meetings and working groups.
- Act as back-up to Logistics Coordinators as needed, preparing export documentation and coordinating shipments with freight forwarders
- Provide additional Logistics related support as needed
High School Diploma or equivalent
2-4 years relevant experience
- Intermediate skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Firm understanding of weights and measurements in a Logistics environment
- Understanding of standard/metric weight and measurement conversions
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to learn/navigate through various software packages
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- May be asked to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand or sit for several hours
- Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motion
- Comfortable working in an office and/or warehouse environment
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.