A biotech manufacturing company is looking for a Logistics Analyst to be responsible for auditing all invoices received from company’s logistics vendors to ensure they are accurate, maintain a database of freight quotes, and resolve any discrepancies with the vendor. Logistics Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining a freight quote and invoice databases. This position will also act as primary backup to existing team of export coordinators preparing export documentation and scheduling shipments with freight forwarders as needed.
- Review payment and invoice questions from carriers, auditing freight invoices against quoted rates.
- Create and maintain a database to log all invoice details.
- Work with freight carriers directly to resolve any invoicing errors.
- Communicate invoice approvals and proper coding to AP for processing and payment.
- Manage blanket purchase orders to freight vendors to ensure sufficient funds to cover invoices, submit new purchase requests in SAP as needed
- Review ageing reports from freight vendors to ensure all invoices have been received and our accounts are current.
- Obtain freight quotes from Logistics vendors. Create and maintain database of all quotes provided
- Act as back-up to Export Coordinators as needed, coordinating shipments with Freight Forwarders and preparing export documentation
2+ years’ experience in a Logistics environment
2+ years’ experience auditing freight invoices
Superb organizational skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of typical freight quote structure and understanding of rates, surcharges, etc.
Familiar with Incoterms
Knowledgeable of U.S. export regulations and familiar with export documentation
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel and Word, in order to create pivot tables, graphs and summary reports.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.