ME Quality Technician
ME Quality Technician I is responsible for performing a variety of inspection procedures to ensure product quality levels meet or exceed standards. This individual will be supporting NPI team and production engineering with new molds/component replacement qualification.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections by using processes and procedures set in place for determining product conformity to specification.
- Conducts visual inspection under various microscope range from 2.25x magnifications or greater.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products measure performance or adherence to conformity or applicable standards.
- Ensure proper documentation of product quality issues and test results.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting all defects found on a trial report and inform Supervisor for review before send out to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Performs basic inspection with specialized equipment including the following Micro-Vu, Keyence 3D laser scan, and Smartscope.
- Maintain, file, and archive all quality and process related document, both in hard copy and electronic.
- Maintains good housekeeping by cleaning up after each testing activities.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- High school degree (or equivalent experience) with 1-2 years of related work experience OR
- AA or Technical Trade Degree with 0-1 years or work experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Must be able to read blueprints and specifications.
- Must have experience with most measurement equipment such as caliper, projector, toolmakers microscope, depth gauge, pin gauges, micrometer and coordinate measuring machines.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing and/or Quality Control area.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to stay on task and focused.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have strong written and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and getting along with other team members.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.