A technology manufacturing company in Fremont, CA is looking for a Maintenance Technician to help maintain vacuum equipment, R.O. system, air compressors and all production equipment
- Overall facility maintenance (repairs to overhead lighting, restroom fixtures and plumbing, roof, and building exterior).
- Hazardous waste storage, disposal and maintenance, (picks up from satellite areas and monitors storage areas).
- Assist in the procurement of material safety data sheets for chemicals located at the Fremont Site.
- Updates and maintenance of the security system.
- Compressed gas cylinder inventory and procurement of.
- Chemical room maintenance and repairs.
- Work with Safety / TPM Engineer to correct minor action items that arise during plant inspections.
- First back up for ERT incidents.
- Performs routine maintenance on facility items such as cooling tower, R.O. system, evaporator, air compressors and all production equipment.
- Work diligently on all high vacuum equipment.
- Liaison for maintenance contractors.
- Support efforts to the development and implementation of environmental health and safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handle all contact with appropriate agencies.
- Support company training programs for employees in areas such as hazardous materials handling, emergency response, and industrial hygiene.
- Support cross-functional safety committee and ensure appropriate root cause corrective actions are taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Assist on maintaining metrics to track the level of safety within the site and drive efforts to continously improve upon them.
- All other Facilities/Maintenance duties as required.
High School graduate or equivalent plus at least 2 years of related experience
Strong knowledge on Vacuum Technology.
Strong knowledge on High Temperature Furnaces.
Strong Electrical knowledge.
Ability to utilize standard hand and portable power tools required.
Proficient in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general mechanics is suitable.
Ability to assist in the movement of furniture, materials and equipment is required.
Trained chemical handler, with the knowledge and understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets is preferred.
Strong communication skills; ability to interface well with others.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.