Manufacturing Engineering Technician
ME Quality Technician I is responsible for performing a variety of inspection procedures to ensure product quality levels meet or exceed standards. This individual will be supporting the Production team and manufacturing engineering with new molds/component replacement qualification.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections by using processes and procedures set in place for determining product conformity to specification.
- Conducts visual inspection under various microscope range from 2.25x magnifications or greater.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products measure performance or adherence to conformity or applicable standards.
- Ensure proper documentation of product quality issues and test results.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting all defects found on a trial report and inform Supervisor for review before send out to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Performs basic inspection with sophisticated technical test equipment including Micro-Vu, Keyence 3D laser scan, and Smartscope.
- Maintain, file, and archive all quality and process related document, both in hard copy and electronic.
- Maintains housekeeping in all test areas (daily).
- Assures that all safety guidelines and procedures followed without exception.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
High school degree (or equivalent experience) with 1-2 years of related work experience OR
AA or Technical Trade Degree with 0-1 years or work experience
Must be able to read blueprints and specifications.
Must have experience with most measurement equipment such as caliper, projector, toolmakers microscope, depth gauge, pin gauges, micrometer and coordinate measuring machines.
Must have experience in a manufacturing and/or Quality Control area.
Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
Must have the ability to stay on task and focused.
Must be a self-motivated and take initiative.
Must have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must have strong written and communication skills.
Must be a team player and getting along with other team members.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.