Manufacturing Safety Champion
The Manufacturing Safety Champion works in collaboration with Manufacturing, Environmental Health and Safety, Maintenance and Process engineering groups to identify and implement Safety Improvements across all Manufacturing and Manufacturing support areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily audits of all work cells to ensure sustainment of 5S and LPA. Work with Supervisors to ensure alignment of all LPA boards
- Conduct random associate interviews to ensure Safety topics, guidelines and trainings are being understood and practiced
- Conduct safety audits of facilities to pinpoint unsafe working conditions, behaviors and practices and develop sound recommendations for corrective actions.
- Report, investigate, initiate (request corrective action from appropriate team) and follow through on completions of Safety Observations
- Take ownership of the Safety Idea board and ensure actions from Safety observations are on track for agreed completion dates
- Work with area Supervisor to investigate injury reports and follow-up to ensure corrective action is taken and learnings are shared across all Manufacturing Work Cells and Shifts.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development Program Manager to create and deliver Safety communication in variety of methods to create improvement in Safety engagement.
- Strengthen the Company’s ergonomics program by highlighting risk areas and working with EHS to implement countermeasures
- Mentor and coach associates on good Safety Practices including Behavioral Safety, importance of mirco and ergo breaks, good lifting and bending practices, etc.
- Provides support for Supervisor’s to actively train and coach safety activities for new associates.
- May be assigned to other job functions as required to meet business needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent education and 1-2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of emergency/safety management concepts, terminology, and basic procedures
- Ability to work with people from cross-functional teams and at all levels of organization
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse groups, incorporate the input of others to improve our processes, and align with internal customers
- Committed to developing and empowering others; to accomplish goals through the skills of persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Must have excellent communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation)
- Basic Computer Skills with experience in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- A team player that works with management and technicians to strive for continuous improvement
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift 25 lbs.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in a clinical diagnostic or medical device environment
- Statistical, Lean, and Six Sigma training
- cGMP/GLP experience is highly preferred
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.