ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lifts and installs specified molds into molding machines. Bolts molds in position, adjusts mold height and sets ejector stroke for a wide range of Molding Presses. (set up)
- Ability to set / select the molding conditions, processes or programming for Molds at the right press
- Proficient with all auxiliary equipment, Chillers, Mold Heaters, Conveyors and Yushin Robots.
- Removes molds from molding machines when run is completed for proper PM.
- Connects hoses and sets valves to regulate flow of water circulating through the mold to control temperature of molds. Inspects hoses for wear, replaces as needed.
- Adjusts controls on molding machine to control temperature, pressure and cycle time.
- Loads feeding hoppers and dryers with plastic resin, when a material change is required.
- Visually inspects parts produced from the molding operation, completes log in MII reports.
- Completes required documentation / check lists as required by existing SOPs.
- Sets up equipment, as necessary, for the performing of secondary operations.
- Maintaining cleanliness and safety of the work area including the use of Safety Barriers.
- Assists in the transportation and installation and setup of molds in molding machines.
Education or experience (in Years)
- High School degree or equivalent. (or equivalent experience) With 2-4 years of related work experience. OR
- AA or technical Trade degree with 1-2 years of work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- Vocational classes or previous “hands on” experience gained while working in other Injection Molding Facilities or similar Industries.
- Crane Training Operations.
- Lift molds and install in molding machines, using cranes and hoists.
- Some experience in operating manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- The ability to understand SOPs and demonstrate understanding through verbal and/or written format is required.
- Basic Industrial equipment set-up procedure.
- Physical requirements/abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Proper use of basic hand tools
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.