Marketing Communications Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA
medical device company in Santa Clara is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join their global marketing group. You will be a be a crucial member of the Marketing Communications team providing administrative support to the entire global group as they execute programs and events that drive Commercial Sales’ key initiatives. The team is international, but the primary support will be to the Santa Clara, Chicago, and France teams. This is a multi-faceted position that will interact with various departments and teams as well as outside vendors to provide trade show and event logistic support, coordinate collateral translations, and track Marketing Communications’ financial/accounting activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership for coordinating and tracking the financial activities of the Marketing Communications team which includes processing new vendors, generating purchase requests and following up on purchase order creation for both U.S. and outside U.S.
- Will be responsible for vendor invoice submissions, researching vendor payments, and tracking the department’s monthly budget as well as the team’s company credit card expense reporting
- Trade show and corporate events logistics (paperwork submission, payment tracking) for U.S. and global events
- Will also be responsible for the collateral translation process:
- Liaise with Cepheid official translation provider and request quotes for translation.
- Create Purchase Requisitions (PR) for translations and manage translation invoices
- Communicate with Marketing Managers and internal reviewers about translations (quote validation, translations to be reviewed, reminders, etc.)
- Update translation statistics and monitor turnaround time and evaluation of the translation quality
- Effectively manage outside contractors and vendors on a global basis
- Assist with other programs/projects as needed
- Position may travel to support various events but should not exceed 20%
- Must take on new responsibilities willingly, be open minded and able to adjust to shifting priorities with a positive attitude
- Some flexibility is needed as communication with the team may need to happen outside normal business hours as it is a global team with members located not only in the U.S., but internationally as well.
- Work well alone or in teams
- Assist with enforcing corporate style and branding throughout all communications and materials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Design or Journalism or equivalent experience
2 or more years Trade-show and event Administration experience
This individual must be able to prioritize, project manage, be organized and able to juggle multiple priorities with sometimes conflicting timelines.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Solid written and verbal communications skills
Skilled on Mac platform and Microsoft Office apps including PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite of products a plus
Ability to work independently and collaborate in fast-paced team environments
Comfortable working under tight deadlines on multiple projects
Excellent time management skills
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional): Experience working in healthcare/life sciences industry a plus
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.