A semiconductor technologies company in Milpitas, CA is seeking a Master Scheduler to plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials purchases. The master scheduler will report to the Sr. Director of Operation and must have solid verbal and written communication skills, organizational, and problem solving skills. They will be responsible for working across multiple business organizations such as product marketing, finance, sales operations, supply chain, production control, manufacturing and engineering to obtain the best manufacturing strategy to meeting the company’s quarterly revenue and ensure on time deliveries. They will provide input to management, as well as schedule and interface with business organizations.
- Facilitate and drive collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Engineering, Service team members to compile forecast data
- Improve overall business process by implementing system and process improvements within Supply Chain
- Oversees the master schedules and ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing
- Monitor and adjust master schedule based on production and sales performance. Review and update forecast, production schedules and material requirements
- Support and analyze quarterly inventory review, including excess and obsolescence analysis, with Finance and Materials
- Works to resolve (in case of design changes labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Improve procedures/forecasting tools through implementing innovative ideas
- Develop and maintain forecast, master schedule and procurement plan based on history, customer specific configurations, and sales opportunities
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels to meet customer requirements
- Drive communication with Marketing and Sales to improve forecast accuracy
- Support new product development
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP. Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
- Work closely with purchasing in order to determine lead times and creative flexibility strategies
- Engage IT support for future business, process, and reporting enhancements
- Manage and review SOX compliance for MRP load in multiple plants
- Manage material master and bill of material structures in ERP application
- Support, resolve and troubleshoot ERP application (MRP/MPS) issues
Minimum of 5 years of Supply Chain/Master Scheduling experience and Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or Supply Chain Management
Experience with Purchasing/Materials/Operations processes and tools
Experience with ERP systems, Business Intelligence applications and MS Office products, preferably Oracle. Strong skill set in Excel is a must
Proven people skills required, must have ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures
Demonstrate concern for precision and thoroughness
Ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities concurrently
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.