A manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Material Handler to be responsible for performing the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of GMP and non-GMP materials
- Responsible for performing the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of GMP and non-GMP materials.
- Responsible for ensuring that the warehouse is operating under strict GMP guidelines.
- Responsible for delivery and transfer of GMP materials to manufacturing areas.
- Anticipate, communicate and resolve internal and external issues that could affect the warehouse optimization.
- Ensure that supplies are received according to open purchase orders or alternate verification methods as appropriate.
- Perform cycle counts and restock according to procedures.
- Continuously achieve good customer service while following guidelines to support best business practices.
- Identify operational issues and process improvement opportunities to management, propose solutions.
High school diploma plus a minimum 2-3 years related experience.
Ability to follow guidelines of the Standard Operating Procedures for each operation in the process to conform to the Good Manufacturing Practice and the Food and Drug Administration Regulations.
Experience working with QAD or other inventory management systems.
Good computer skills to complete warehousing transactions with ability to operate effectively within multiple software applications and multiple inventory systems.
Intermediate mathematical skills, basic organization skills, good written and verbal communication skills and basic problem solving skills.
Ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklift and pallet jack.
International/domestic traffic experience preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.