A manufacturer of switches, pilot devices, and other electrical components is seeking a Material Handler to join their warehouse team. Under limited supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products in manufacturing/warehouse areas according to established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Perform picking and put-away in multiple areas.
- May require receiver assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Records movement of incoming and outgoing materials and supplies and verifies the accuracy of work performed.
- May operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Performs packaging assignments for both domestic and truck shipments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Typically requires a high school education or equivalent, as well as 1-2 years related warehouse experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Basic math skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Occasionally the employee may be required to move loads of higher weight either with the assistance of another employee or with manual lifting equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.