Material Handler Lead
A medical device manufacturing company is seeking Material Handler Leads to join their Stockroom group!
The Material Handler Lead will be responsible for coaching, motivating, and leading the stockroom employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the day and establishing a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently. This role is a floor position that will require 95% of the workday spent in the stockrooms. Stockroom Lead will assist the material handlers with processing of Production Orders, KANBAN, Receiving, Nonconforming Materials, Cycle Count, OC packaging, and other required tasks as required. The Stockroom Lead will be responsible for FTE and SAW material handlers. This role will require the Lead to create a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; invites input from each person; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the Stockroom department material handlers.
- Delegating and assigning tasks to the material handlers.
- Organizes and conducts all required training activities for the Stockroom team.
- Accountable for the safe operation of all equipment, including forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation.
- Ensures all team members are trained properly operate all warehouse equipment.
- Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement in recruitment and selection process within the Stockroom department.
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within the stockroom department.
- Assist with the Visual Daily Management
- Ensures that production orders processed are verified against pertinent documentation.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement within the shipping department.
- On Time Delivery: Responsible for researching missed or late staging of production orders and KANAN requests.
- Transaction Errors: Responsible for researching and identifying root cause.
- Inventory control: Research/reconcile end of day cycle count variances.
- Follows stockroom methods for material using the proper SOP and takes ownership of process documentation creation, changes and periodic review.
- Accountable for ensuring the Stockroom is audit ready 24x7. Readily takes action to implement effective countermeasures and monitor sustainment of audit findings.
- Accountable for ensuring the Stockroom is 5S ready 24x7 and promotes 5S activities to sustain stockroom organization and safety.
- Stockroom Lead will immediately document and report to the Stockroom Supervisor or Manager any situation, incident or problems that directly relate to the efficient, complete, and timely dispatch of any and all assigned work.
- Will ensure all team members are aware of their job duties and will be cross trained as needed.
- At all times, Stockroom Lead will promote a cooperative/teamwork atmosphere toward all employees.
- Must investigate and report all accidents and near misses to the Supervisor or Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High school degree with 5+ years of experience in stockroom operations and shipping and receiving
Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP required.
Ability to follow guidelines of the Standard Operating Procedures for each operation in the process to conform to the Good Manufacturing Practice and the Food and Drug Administration Regulations.
Knowledge of and experience with all shipping functions, foreign and domestic, including domestic air bills, international commercial invoices and letters of instruction required.
Knowledge of and experience with packaging materials used to safely transport all products required
Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL).
Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP)
Certified, or ability to be certified on all forklift equipment.
Experience on operating the company van and bobtail truck.
Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch.
Working understanding of WMS system.
Excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
Good problem-solving ability
Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making.
Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making.
Ability to pay close attention to detail
Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season.
Commitment to performance: Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.