A medical device manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Materials Expediter to join their Automation Engineering Team!
The Automation Engineering (AE) Material Expediter tracks equipment shortages and expedites the delivery of those items to the technician team. This requires regular review of the kitting log and follow up with the purchasing department, receiving/warehouse team and phone calls and/or e-mails to suppliers and transportation companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to the technician team. The material expediter will also collect, maintain and distribute kit and shortage status to the management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with AE technicians to identify, track and deliver system shortages
- Work with receiving team to identify critical incoming materials and deliver them to the respective project
- Locate missing materials
- Ensure kit logs are updated real-time as parts are located and issued
- Reach out to suppliers to get order status
- Track materials that are in transit and provide updates to the AE team
- Notify engineering when BOM qty, part number or line item issues are identified
- Track PR’s and PO’s through SharePoint and SAP
- Processing of material transfers to and from off-site warehouses
- Place orders through the AE SharePoint system
High school degree (or equivalent experience)
5+ years of related work experience.
Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Experience with SAP is a plus
Basic understanding of AGILE
Understanding of MRB and RTV processes
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Decipher mechanical drawings and component specs
Physical requirements/abilities: Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.