A technology manufacturing company in Fremont, CA is looking for an Optical Assembler to be responsible for performing a wide variety of mechanical and optical assemblies with the production of microscopes.
- Build, inspect, and package mechanical and optical assemblies to specified assembly rates using various tools such as tweezers, syringe pump, and microscope.
- Handle parts ranging from 1 mm – 4 inches
- Ensure quality of manufactured assemblies and finished goods.
- Meet or exceed efficiency and productivity requirements as required.
- Identify and assist in correction of potential variances such as scrap, rework, and labor inefficiency, as required.
- Communicate in a timely manner ‘all’ issues related to production including material shortages, manufacturing order requirements (material, documentation, etc), equipment problems, and yields.
- Familiarity with required quality and departmental procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment.
Basic ability to read and understand schematic drawings, procedures and assembly specifications, a must.
Good eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity skills and ability to lift up to 15 lbs required.
Able to effectively communicate with supervisor and team members.
Self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision
Basic knowledge of optics and optical assembly, a plus.
Experience using a microscope, a plus.
Basic knowledge of computers and software such as Windows, Word, Excel
For more than thirty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.