Santa Clara, CA
A rapidly growing medical device manufacturing company is looking to make an addition into their legal operations team! We are looking for a paralegal with commercial agreement experience who wants to be apart of a dynamic team.
- Review, draft and assist with negotiating a wide variety of non-commercial and commercial contracts, such as: Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales and Service agreements, Master Services Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal customers regarding contract terms and processes.
- Organize and maintain library of forms, provisions, templates and other resources.
- Professionally and diplomatically resolve issues regarding internal customer concerns and other matters, as necessary.
- Perform legal research, as required.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to drive efficiency and improve contract workflow and legal operations.
- Apply excellent problem-solving skills and judgment to assist in managing corporate risk.
- Identify best practices to influence continuous improvement in the organization.
- Provide additional support on special projects, as needed.
BA/BS from an accredited college or university,
A paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school (or any equivalent combination of related experience, training, and/or education)
Three or more years of experience as a paralegal which should preferably be in-house for a corporation.
General experience with non-commercial and/or commercial contracts.
Working knowledge of standard contract terms
Knowledge of healthcare fraud and abuse laws, rules, regulations, regulatory guidance, and industry codes, including the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and HIPAA preferred
Ability to work closely with business units, as necessary, while maintaining independent judgment and decision-making skills in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
Ability to apply analytical skills to interpret data and use independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to address a variety of issues regarding contracts and related problems of basic scope and complexity.
Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new business activities or issues.
Ability to adjust to changing job requirements and priorities in order to meet dynamic needs and workflow.
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines.
Must demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and professionalism.
Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills; strong project management skills.
A good sense of humor and customer-focused approach.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.