A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Paralegal to be an integral part of the Company’s in-house legal department. The Paralegal will support the members of the department’s professional staff with paralegal projects in the area of contract administration and other special projects as assigned.
- Draft standard agreements (e.g., confidential disclosure, material transfer, evaluation, and professional services agreements)
- Engage with external customers and their legal representatives regarding contract terms
- Perform legal research as required
- Maintain library of forms and resources
- Develop written procedures, work flow plans or other systems for practice areas as required
- Professionally and diplomatically resolve issues regarding customer concerns and other matters as necessary
- Apply innovative problem solving skills and judgment to assist in managing corporate risk
- Identify best practices to influence continuous improvement in the organization
Paralegal certificate from accredited school.
Ability to work closely with business units, as necessary, while maintaining independent judgment and decision-making skills
Ability to apply analytical skills to interpret data and use independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to address a variety of issues regarding contracts and related problems of moderate scope and complexity
Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new business activities or issues
Ability to adjust to changing job requirements and priorities in order to meet dynamic needs and workflow
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines
Demonstrated ability to work with outside counsel and to interact with senior management
Must demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and professionalism
Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills; strong project management skills
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.