A biomedical manufacturing company in Sunnyvale is searching for a Patent Paralegal to support IP attorneys in developing, implementing and executing a global intellectual property strategy for its systems, tests and related work flows to support a rapidly expanding global business.
- This paralegal will work directly with members of the legal department, business leadership, R&D, and marketing at sites in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- The successful candidate will develop a good understanding of the company's technology and business.
- This individual will perform a wide variety of hands-on intellectual property work, including managing and maintaining patent annuities database and performing patent prosecution in a global environment.
- Experience working on global teams is beneficial and the successful candidate will be expected to understand the importance of operating with a global mindset and model global and cultural sensitivity.
- Assist in prosecuting and curating a strategic, global, intellectual property portfolio (including patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets).
- Knowledge of patent filing processes in a global environment including USPTO and European equivalents.
- Manage relationships with outside patent counsel and other resource utilization for value and efficiency.
- Build collaborative relationships within the legal team and community.
- Willing to work on the smallest and simplest, as well as the most complex, legal matters faced by the company.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-10 years of intellectual property legal experience preferably in-house at a company or a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
A paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school (or any equivalent combination of related experience, training, and/or education).
Strong communication skills; able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees and simply explain complex IP issues in business/non-legal terms.
Demonstrated high integrity and ethics in all dealings. Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with management. Non-political. Independent of perceived popularity of the advice.
Strong intellect and a desire to learn.
Client-service oriented. High sense of urgency and self-motivation.
Has a track record for delivering results, taking ownership and being accountable.
Able to prioritize multiple projects.
Strong organizational skills; strong project management skills.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.