Santa Clara, CA
A workplace solutions company located in Santa Clara is seeking a Payroll specialist who will primarily be responsible for the processing of the company's payroll and all related duties, while also providing HR generalist support to the HR team.
- Processing full-cycle bi-weekly payroll, using Paylocity software.
- Data entry of all payroll related information and forms such as W-4, Direct Deposit, and 401k loan updates
- Acting as the employee contact for all payroll-related questions and discrepancies
- Interfacing with Paylocity customer service regarding adjustments and problem-solving
- Ensuring time sheets and work hours are entered by employees, and approved by supervisors on time prior to each payroll period
- Setting-up new employees in Paylocity
- Providing guidance and training of Paylocity platform for new employees
- Processing all terminations, special, adjustments, bonuses and commission checks
- Processing garnishments for child support and tax liens
- Processing all government forms regarding payroll such as EDD, wage garnishments, etc
- Assist and guide new employees through the on-boarding process using the online on-boarding system (iCIMS)
- Manage on-boarding documentation ensuring all necessary documents are completed
- Setting up payroll accounts in other states, as the Company hires personnel across the country
Computer Skills and/or Tools: Experience with Paylocity software is highly preferred, but not necessary. Some experience with online-based payroll software is required.
Skills/Training Required: Excellent written and verbal skills. Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, proficiency with Excel. Ability to multi-task. Must have excellent organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Certification as a Payroll Specialist
- A degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience with payroll processing
- Experience with online-based payroll software.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.