The Production Planner is responsible for maintaining the master production plan. The qualified individual will be responsible for determining and managing forecast for long range material planning while considering current inventory levels, obsolescence, lead-times, product life cycles and production capacity. This position interfaces and communicates continuously with customer support, production, engineering, warehouse, purchasing and sales.
- Develop production plans to meet customer demand within production capacity.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, review of existing and future production planning and budgetary planning preparations.
- Review monthly sales forecast projections.
- Maintain master production planning data to best utilize our planning system.
- Develop and optimize manufacturing work schedules.
- Ensure that schedules support daily on time shipping performance.
- Working with the customer support department, ensure that production schedules are meeting both our manufacturing and customer service requirements to properly communicate availability dates
- Working with the purchasing and manufacturing departments, monitor and plan the usage of key raw materials by utilizing MRP systems.
- Monitor plant finished goods inventory levels to ensure they meet all working capital requirements.
- Create and monitor purchased items inventory reports, managing purchased finished goods service levels. Alert purchasing to risk situations and requirements.
- Support the new product development process though participation on NPI teams, work on product introductions, transitions, etc.
2 years of experience in production planning in a manufacturing environment
Demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems, required
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets, required
Demonstrated teamwork skills and results orientation
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.