A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Planner/Scheduler to plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required material using MRP.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the productions cycle to determine required materials.
- Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Oversees the master schedule and ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing.
- Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Create the manufacturing forecast based upon domestic and international sales data.
- Develop rough-cut capacity plans to analyze and negotiate resource requirements.
- Develop an executable master production schedule in accordance with shelf life and inventory guidelines
- Manage finished goods inventory to meet agreed upon customer service requirements
- Minimize inventory write-offs of finished status and issues.
- Incorporate new products of product improvements into the forecast and master production schedule.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical environment.
Must have at least 5 years of experience in production planning experience with exposure to Master Production Schedules
Experience working with SAP or other inventory management systems
Familiar with raw materials used in biomedical devices and pharmaceutical manufacturing
Reagent Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
Experience with SOP, GMP, ISO, JIT and MRP
Must have experience with APICS principals
Must have excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.