The Automation Group Planner/Coordinator procures and tracks tooling and materials required to assemble automation equipment utilized by production staff. The Planner ensures all materials meet the provided specifications, are delivered on-time and on budget to ensure project deadlines and cost targets are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate volume discounts and safety stock programs for high usage components
- Communicate lead-time, End-Of-Life and cost issues (increases) with AE management to drive resolution
- Work with Engineering to spec in alternate components as needed
- Work with suppliers to drive replacement components for incorrect, incomplete or damaged items (as received from vendor)
- Request quotes from multiple suppliers to ensure a balance of pricing and lead-time is achieved (Off the shelf and custom components)
- Track existing orders and provide updates to staff
High school degree (or equivalent experience) with 5+ years of related work experience.
Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Experience with SAP is a plus
Physical requirements/abilities: Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
5 years minimum experience required in materials procurement
3 years minimum planning and/or production scheduling experience
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.