Product Transfer Associate
Combine knowledge of basic molecular biology with a technical understanding of Cepheid systems to play a key role within the Product Transfer Sustain and Support group. Support Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and Materials Planning/Logistics departments in assuring the continued production of cost-effective quality products. Implement streamlined and improved processes in production.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs testing of biological/chemical assays, as needed, to support ongoing Product Transfer activities and goals. Analyzes data and participates in root cause analysis and design of solutions. Writes reports compliant with FDA regulations.
- Successfully implements processes and post-launch product improvements in production, including improvement and validation of test methods, training of personnel, and implementation of all supporting documentation (BOMs, SOPs, worksheets, design history files, purchase specifications, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Proficiency in molecular biology techniques, mathematics and formulas used for chemical calculations.
Proficiency with scientific functions in Microsoft Excel and high agility in all other basic MS Office software. Proficiency with the management/sorting/filtering/manipulation of large amounts of data in Excel spreadsheets.
Excellent organization and communication skills.
Ability to successfully interact with multiple departments. Demonstrate strong ethics and teamwork.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with tight timelines, and progress independently in a timely manner.
Physical requirements/abilities: Ability to work in an office, laboratory and production environment.
- BS with 2+ years of experience or MS in Life Sciences or a related discipline with 0+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Hands-on experience in Operations functions, including a solid understanding of batch records, bills of materials, logistics and inventory parameters, costing parameters, document management systems, ERP systems, etc.
- Practical understanding and use of statistical techniques for data analysis.
- Experience with real-time PCR and molecular diagnostic assays.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.