Production Assistant Supervisor
This role is a supporting role to the Production Supervisor and acts in the capacity of the Production Supervisor in his/her absence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the smooth production of all plastic injection molded parts run by automated molding presses and robotic equipment. Routine activities include maintaining and updating manufacturing procedures, worksheets and processes to maximize efficiencies, scheduling and coordinating labor resources to achieve production goals, work with Facilities and Engineering groups to ensure that all Molding equipment is maintained and in optimal working order, coordinating troubleshooting investigations and dispositions, assuring compliance with SOPs and training and assuring the production of cost-effective quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining an environment where employees take individual responsibility for sustainable safety and quality in all aspects of their job.
- Ensures compliance with QSR.
- Energizes the manufacturing personnel to overcome barriers to achieving the goals.
- Coaches and develops subordinates.
- Responsible for meeting production goals and metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring GDP and batch record compliance.
- Actively involved in scrap reduction initiatives and goals.
- Coordinating and communicating with cross functional groups to resolve issues and keep production running with high Quality.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves workplace issues affecting productivity and morale
- Communicates the company vision and culture through words and actions, models company values.
- Develops, evaluates and assists in the direction of improving processes for all production activities.
- Assists in the development of strategies to accomplish the company vision.
- Active champion of productivity improvement efforts to deliver future company goals.
- Drives product/process improvement activities and provides technical leadership where appropriate.
- Runs daily start of shift production meetings to successfully drive Production requirements
- Assists in the oversight of day to day operations in the production department on an assigned shift.
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of experience.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment; 1 year minimum in a leadership
Knowledge and skills:
- Possess the skills necessary to create and lead a culture of rapid change and model the behaviors that demonstrate commitment to the values vital to organizational development and growth.
- Proven ability to deliver productivity to plan.
- Willing to challenge traditional wisdom and advance innovative ways of resolving problems.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse groups, incorporate the input of others to improve our processes, and align with internal and external customers.
- Committed to developing and empowering others; to accomplish goals through the skills of persuasion, influence and negotiation.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation).
- Ability to interface and exchange information with all levels within the company's workforce.
- A team player that works with management and technicians to strive or continuous improvement.
- Competent with basic inspection and measurement equipment.
- Experience with injection molding equipment including presses, robots, feeder bowls, conveyors, dryers, auto loading systems, etc.
- Hands-on working knowledge of automated instrumentation.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), data handling, data analysis and presentation.
- Supervisory/leadership background.
- Demonstrated proficiency of manufacturing systems and requirements, including GMP/GLP practices.
- Demonstrated abilities leading teams and promoting successful teamwork across disciplines.
- Team-oriented, results and goal-oriented, capable of working independently, well organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated abilities to schedule personnel and coordinate activities to meet production goals
- Understanding of quality systems, including risk assessments.
- Possess judgment regarding timely follow up required to ensure completion of parts to quality levels
- Ability to troubleshoot, including root cause analysis
- Possess analytical approach to tasks, to ensure potential problems and errors are detected and resolved quickly and thoroughly.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (ISO or GMP) medical device industry
- Experience with controlled environment manufacturing encompassing both manual and automated assembly processes including ultrasonic welding, heat sealing/ welding, pressure and leak testing.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.