Santa Clara, CA
A communications technologies company located in Santa Clara, CA is looking to add a Production Planner to their team. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, coordinating, and/or final approval of products through the complete production cycle. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Provides input to management, reschedules, and/or interfaces with planner buyers, marketing, sales, production, and engineering managers to reschedule in case of design changes, material shortages, backlogs changes, and other potential schedule interruptions. Review job costs to ensure proper materials charges have occurred. Assist cycle count team to ensure inventory accuracy. Responsible for all job closing from manufacturing and filling of shortages. Support all month-end activities related to above duties. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Ensures shipping dates are on schedule.
- Ensures materials and outside resources are available for assigned projects.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules.
- Expedites orders, troubleshoots and coordinates with production, delivery, receiving and purchasing personnel.
- Analyzes inventories to maintain lowest possible inventory level while still meeting customer order requirements.
- Establishes production schedules for finished good parts within material constraints.
- Prepares job orders and documentation folders to meet MPS in quantity and timing.
- Works directly with Planner/Buyers for order priorities and expedites.
- Checks material availability of all components prior to order confirmation.
- Communicates scheduling issues and advises affective party.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Software used: Expandable (ESI), Microsoft Office and Omnify (PLM)
- 5 years of experience
- 20% time will be spent on the manufacturing floor
- There are 4 staff members in the department
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required
Five years of job-related experience.
Production Planning and Inventory Control Techniques.
Knowledge of mfg. systems and inventory policies.
Knowledge of MRP functionality including and not limited to action messages, netting functionality, pegging, dependent demand
Understanding of ATP (availability to promise) in checking for material availability for new orders.
Understanding of overall Advanced Planning basic functionality and ability to navigate and demonstrate menu paths.
Proven knowledge of BOM usage, structures, documentation and where used functionality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.