Production Test Technician
A research and development Semiconductor company in Fremont is seeking multiple Production Test Techs to join their team!
Production Test Tech performs setup and testing/calibration of semiconductor Wafer Fabrication Equipment (WFE). They utilize a variety of tools, diagnostic equipment and computer-based testing instructions to ensure that equipment meets design specifications and customer requirements. Test Tech IIs prepare technical reports and summarize findings related to technical problems experienced while testing and troubleshooting circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
Production Test Tech Responsibilities:
- Uses variety of hand tools, test equipment and fixtures to test Wafer Fabrication Equipment (WFE)
- Read and navigate electronic work instructions (Cell Fusion) and schematics
- Work as part of a cohesive team to ensure that workflow and production schedules are maintained
- Assist with audits through visual inspection and verifying checklists
- Measure/record temperature, pressure, voltage, resistance, continuity and other measurements using digital multimeters, IR guns and other test equipment during testing and troubleshooting
- Inspect parts for acceptance and correct or escalate as required; communicate issues with leads and supervisors.
- Indicate tasks are complete by utilizing I-marking, SQIP marks, and use of Swagelok go/no go gauges.
- Perform leak checks (vacuum, water lines, connections and compotents, pressure decay) by utilizing appropriate equipment (i.e. fixtures) and procedures (Cell Fusion and KM Matrix); verify check completed by utilizing the proper indicator (I-mark, gauge, etc.).
- May participates in basic projects which require judgment and initiative and completes tasks in creative and effective ways, understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Install components/hardware by referring to drawings and Cell Fusion procedures; identify/position/assemble required parts according to instructions and utilizing correct hand tools and fixtures; escalate non-conforming parts and procedures as needed.
- Resolve source inspection findings by troubleshooting/performing rework. Identify issue, access traceability to determine how it should have been done.
- Understand tool status and find tool information by utilizing various SAP commands and set up specialized equipment by gathering required fixtures from on the floor shelves/storage bins. Report/Document/Review Tool status and use the proper escalation path
- Close assigned tasks by verifying completion of testing operations while signing off and providing thorough descriptions of what was done. Verify completion of Cell Fusion work instruction (TUA)
- Create detailed MFG tasks covering skipped steps, document abnormal conditions and tool reminder (TUA)
- Provide technical assistance to other Test Technicians by troubleshooting new or persistent issues, accessing computer systems, reviewing schematics, and utilizing fixtures. (TUA)
- Record hours worked on each tool by documenting time spent on certain tasks (TUA)
Associates degree or certification in electronics or related field required or equivalent experience that includes electronics, such as avionics technician
1 -5 years of electronics technician experience
Able to utilize computer-based data systems including but not limited to: SAP, Share Point, KRONOS
Able to navigate and use Office software — Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Able to operate and use Hand Tools including but not limited to: Calipers, Wrenches, Hoists, digital multi meters, Screwdrivers, Torque wrenches, Ladders/platforms, Snipping tools/cutters, Krytox
Learn and obtain certifications on at least one product type
Complete required initial/recurring training and certifications for processes, procedures and equipment
Attention to detail
Flexible, able to easily adapt to change
Proactive and takes initiative
Fast paced and time-sensitive environment.
Squat, kneel, walk, climb, stand and operate in ergonomically- challenging positions for over 50% of time
Lift 30-35 pounds depending on site.
Perform repetitive motions using hands and various hand tools
Distinguish between colors for wire identification
Maintain a clean and organized workspace
Provide flexibility and responsiveness for changing priorities including but not limited to rework, overtime and potential limited travel to other facilities
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.