Santa Clara, CA
A medical device company in Santa Clara, CA is seeking a Program Coordinator to join their HR team!
Assist with the implementation and administration of the global mobility, relocation, and immigration programs and HR policies, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws including Affirmative Action, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Equal Employment Opportunity. Supports and works closely with the Sr. Mobility & Compliance Specialist.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Sr. Mobility & Compliance Specialist and other internal teams in support of best practices/processes; and provide excellent customer service to associates in responding to their questions/concerns
- Coordinate with internal resources (Payroll, HRIS, HR Operations) to address questions and resolve issues related to immigration, mobility and/or compliance procedures to support the business
- Utilize working knowledge of mobility programs and general regulatory compliance
- Review/maintain HR policies and ensure compliance and alignment with federal, state, and local laws, including time off/sick leave laws, wage & hour, AAP, EEO, SOX, and required notices and postings, researching as needed and by partnering internally
- Maintain appropriate immigration compliance records, including Public Access Files and required postings
- Support organizational transfers, relocations, international assignments in partnership with the Sr. Mobility & Compliance Specialist
- Foster and maintain collaborative internal relationships with key HR and business stakeholders and cross-functional partners, both internal and external
- Additional HR tasks as needed
Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience OR 4+ years of related work experience
Strong generalist skills in human resources, including technical and administrative knowledge of HR functions and tools, especially compliance, policies, and/or mobility
2+ years’ direct experience with HR policy administration and/or mobility programs
Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, including time off/sick leave laws, wage & hour, AAP, EEO, SOX, harassment prevention, etc.
Ability to process varied, and sometimes ambiguous, information from multiple sources to reach an appropriate determination, assessing the appropriate time/situation to seek additional guidance
Ability to demonstrate complete discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
Passion for process improvement and an understanding of the sensitivity of the process to candidates and employees; attention to detail
Highly organized and can work independently, as well as with a team
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid work environment, demonstrates good judgement
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.